Vapour Recovery Units (VRU) are complex mechanical and electrical systems which operate in hazardous atmospheres – failure to service these units correctly can lead to financial inefficiencies, operational issues, safety complications and environmental emission problems.
At Flotech Performance Systems we offer maintenance and site support for VRU from all mainstream manufacturers. Our engineers are specialists in control instrumentation and electrical engineering and have our VRU Service Manager has been working with these systems for almost 30 years.
The benefits of the service packages we offer include:
Reduction in Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
Improved safety through reduced risk of flammable atmosphere
Reduced losses of valuable product vapour
We offer a broad range of VRU services including the following;
- Preventative Maintenance
- Safety system checked to the cause and effect matrix
- Gas analyser calibration
- Instrument calibration
- System operation checks as per OEM data
- On site repairs and replacement
- 3 yearly compliance testing in accordance with local authority legislation.
- HM Customs & revenue tests carried out at duty suspended installations for the reclaim of duty on recovered product.
- Capacity Testing – performance of unit compared to manufacturers data.
- Commissioning of new plant
- Carbon replacement
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC’s) replacement and modifications
- Human interfaces
- Decommission of aging plant
Risk assessment and operability studies
- A hazard and operability study (HAZOP)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Safety integrity level assessment (SIL)
- Corrective actions and system modifications to comply with Safety Integrity Level
- Bespoke training packages
- Legislative & Operator training
- Improved efficiency
- Correct actions in the event of a failure
- Day to day operations
- On-line fault diagnosis
- 24-hour telephone assistance
If you have a requirement for VRU maintenance system please don’t hesitate to get in touch.