When liquid products are stored, contamination can often sit on the surface, be that oil, water, scum or slime. An Oil Skimmer is used to drain this unwanted surface layer from a product and comprises an inlet which is suspended from floating pontoons so it sits marginally below the product surface.
Oil Skimmers can be installed in horizontal or vertical, above or below ground storage tanks, separators and silos. The inlet is connected to a tank outlet using a combination of pipes and swivels.
We are UK distributors for ERGIL who manufacture single and double joint Oil Skimmers which can be fitted in conventional fixed roof storage tanks, external floating roof tanks and internal floating roof tanks.
- Maintenance-free lifetime lubricated dual race swivel joints
- Triple-sealed swivel joints specially designed for submerged service
- Each skimmer is designed to the tank to allow fitment with minimum modifications
- Ergil skimmers are available in a variety of different materials and arrangements
- Easy installation, full installation manuals and project support available
- Successfully used globally by many major oil and tank storage companies
As well as supplying Oil Skimmers we can also fit them for you.
If you have a requirement for an oil skimmer or need support with an existing unit, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist.