Floating Suction Units (FSU), also referred to as Floating Suction Lines (FSL), can be installed in horizontal or vertical, above or below ground storage tanks and are used to extract liquid product from the top of a storage tank rather than from the bottom.
By drawing from the top of the liquid, foreign particles, rust, sludge and debris, which tend to sit near the bottom of a storage tank, are avoided and a purer product is delivered. An FSU comprises an inlet which is suspended from floating pontoons so it sits just below the product surface. This inlet is then connected to a tank outlet using a combination of pipes and swivels.
We supply both single and double jointed FSUs which can be fitted in conventional fixed roof storage tanks, external floating roof tanks and internal floating roof tanks.
- Maintenance-free lifetime lubricated dual race swivel joints
- Triple-sealed swivel joints specially designed for submerged service
- Each FSU is designed to the tank to allow fitment with minimum modifications
- Available in a variety of different materials and arrangements
- Easy installation, full installation manuals and project support available
- Successfully used globally by many major oil and tank storage companies
If you have a requirement for Floating Suctions or require support with an existing unit, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist.