Our expanding team are looking to appoint a Mechanical / Piping Design Project Engineer to help serve our growing client base and fulfil recently secured contracts.
Mechanical / Piping Design Project Engineer required for work on packaged / site fluid handling systems for the petrochemical fluid handling sector.
The company designs, manufactures, installs & commissions fluid handling and safe access systems for the bulk transport & logistics of liquids and gases.
This role would suit a mechanical design engineer from a packaged equipment/pipework/structural steel/design background.
- Production of Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) using 2D AutoCAD
- System Design of packaged structural & piped fluid handling / industrial safety systems using Solidworks 3D
- R&D product design using Solidworks 3D
- Production of pipework fabrication drawings using Solidworks 3D
- Production of manufacturing assembly drawings using Solidworks 3D
- Produce BoM’s & manage the procurement of materials in execution of the project
- Reviews designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Co-ordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Control expenditures within limitation of project budget.
- Assist with commissioning support activities of manufactured products.
- Support the sales team with technical design proposals.
Education Requirements: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred
- 5 GCSES Grades A to C (Maths / English essential) (R)
- HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (R)
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred years
- 2 year experience in a similar design project engineering role (R)
- Knowledge of the Petrochemical industry / ATEX Requirements (P)
- Sound knowledge of IT (including Engineering AutoCAD and Solid Works) (R)
- Training certificates for 2D and 3D CAD software (P)
- Project Management Foundation (P)
- Safety Passport CCNSG / IOSH Working Safely (P)
This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical / Piping Design Project Engineer to join an expanding company with a broad and diverse product portfolio.
A competitive salary and benefits are on offer.
If you would like to apply for this role, please drop your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org