Our continually expanding team are looking to appoint an Senior Mechanical Project Design Engineer to help serve our growing client base..
Senior Mechanical Project Design Engineer required to work on packaged fluid handling systems for the fluid handling sector.
The company designs, manufactures, installs & commissions fluid handling and safe access systems for the bulk transport & logistics of liquids and gases.
This role would suit a mechanical design engineer from a packaged equipment, skid manufacturing background.
- First class ability to read & produce P&ID’s, Technical Drawings, GA’s, Assembly Drawings & Fabrication Drawings.
- Advanced operator of Solidworks & AutoCAD software packages in the preparation of the above.
- Knowledge of piping & fabrication standards, ASME B31.3 & BS EN 1090
- System Design of fluid handling systems considering clients specifications & functional requirements
- Selection of valves & components… to adhere to the clients specifications & functional requirements
- Produce BoM’s & manage the procurement of materials in execution of the project
- Manage subcontractors / suppliers of outsourced items in execution of the project.
- Work closely with shop floor fabrication & mechanical assembly teams.
- Review designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Co-ordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Control expenditures within limitation of project budget.
- Support the sales team with costings & technical design proposals.
Education Requirements: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred
- 5 GCSES Grades A to C (Maths / English essential) (R)
- HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (R)
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred years
- 5 Years Experience in a similar design project engineering role (R)
- Knowledge of the designing Steel Structures / Piping Standards / Petrochemical industry / Machinery Directive (P)
- Sound knowledge of IT (including Engineering Solidworks & AutoCAD) (R)
- Training certificates for Solidworks, 2D CAD software (P)
- Project Management Foundation (P)
- Safety Passport CCNSG / IOSH Working Safely (P)
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Project Design Engineer to join a rapidly expanding company with a broad and diverse product portfolio.
A competitive salary and benefits are on offer.
If you would like to apply for this role, please drop your CV and covering email to email@example.com