Fall Prevention & Loading Access
Increased vigilance by HSE inspectors in recent years has highlighted the need for improved tanker top access facilities. The majority of tanker access is required for loading or unloading, however in many cases operators need to have access to tanker tops to check security of man-lids or sample product.
The most common form of tanker access and enclosure is the Folding Stair, these can be configured with a range of steps and step widths together with safety baskets. In case of a high variance of tankers and large working areas, a complex protecting grating system may be the better solution. For more information on the below products visit the SafeRack website.
You may need a 914mm x 1524mm platform, or you may need a platform that can run the length of a 100+ unit train. FlotechPS can engineer, manufacture, deliver and install a plaform that meets your project’s unique specification. FlotechPS engineers take great care to make sure your system fits together and functions seamlessly.
FlotechPS offers a variety of special platform applications for your platform terminal. From integrated pipe racks and operator shelters to lighting, SafeRack has you covered.
SafeRack provide a wide range of gangways to suit any application. Products include barge and ship style gangways, extra wide gangways, flat ramp style (SFR), flat ramp telescoping style (FTS), self-adjusting stair style (SAS) and tracking gangways with safety cages. See model specifics.
- Reduced welds on base tread
- High visibility and extra-strong orange handrails
- Bronze bushings at all pivot points including foot-lock
- Reliable, rugged foot-lock design offers long term durability
- 1″ Machine quality pivot rods run the full width of gangway at both ends
- Strong counterbalance springs make G4 gangways easy to raise and lower – this makes operators happy
- Reduced welds on Seatainer tread
- Seatainer tread offers 21″ step on end of gangway for increased standing area
- Replacement parts are in stock and ready for shipment
- G4 design allows it to be field repaired in many cases
- Stamped and CNC placed holes are all accurate to 3-4 thousandths
- Stainless steel fasteners with anti-seize and locking nuts make maintenance down the road easier
- Patent pending safety cage design
- Reduced welds on steps
- Universal body eliminates most welds which tend to require maintenance over time
- Galvanized support chains with 500 pound load capacity rating on gangway
- Galvanized 1-1/4″ diameter adjustment rod allows for easy adjustment in the field
Bulk loading and unloading facilities depend on SafeRack safety cages to help them run on slim margins and tight schedules, safely turning more tanker trucks, railcars and isotainers in less time. They also help meet fall protection requirements including a 4th rail for added fall protection. SafeRack safety cages can be engineered and built to fit your specific needs.
Truck Mobile Access Units
SafeRack’s MAUI mobile loading platform serves as a portable truck loading rack, where access for inspection or venting is required in varying locations within your plant. It provides a safe, stable, dependable rolling platform and fall protection for your operators.
SafeRack portable platforms are available in perpendicular or parallel configuration models. Perpendicular configuration allows for easy spotting with the tank truck, while parallel configuration is designed for increased maneuverability in tight spaces. The ladder is available in two adjustable sizes, with 10 to 14 foot and 12 to 16 foot models depending on the needed height.
While SafeRack’s portable loading ramps are easily adjusted and highly maneuverable, the base of the rolling platform is exceptionally stable to ensure on-the job safety.
Enable workers to perform their jobs with confidence knowing they’re protected from falls. Our elevating handrails operate with effortless pneumatic lifts or easy glide winches. Give workers fall protection even in low clearance applications, thanks to our articulating handrail systems.
There’s an elevating handrail system to meet fall protection requirements in a variety of applications including:
Railcar fall protection – SafeRack elevated handrails extend a foot above typical crash boxes to provide 42 inches of fall protection height and minimize gaps along the contour of the railcar.
Tank truck and isotainer fall protection – Our elevated handrails can extend the length of the truck for the most flexibility to unload from multiple hatches.